On Sunday 30 Jul 2017 11:02:41 Rich Freeman wrote:

> The general sense is that Changelogs represent the old way of doing
> things.  Most projects have gone away from having them, or they just
> auto-generate them from git.  I don't think most projects routinely
> distribute them either - they just stick them on a webpage and only
> people who care about them look at them.  The linux kernel only
> includes the changes in the last release in their change logs as well
> (which is nothing more than a dump of git log).

This has me a bit bothered, wearing my ISO9000 hat. Change logs seem to me
to be the most important traceability tool we can have. Is it not essential
to be able to demonstrate clearly how we got to where we are today?
Preferably without having to jump through a load of abstruse hoops.

--
Regards
Peter