On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 20:11:47 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:

> The two big problems I really can lay at systemd's feet is that the boot
> occasionally fails and says "dumping you into plymouth console" but
> doesn't - this goes away with a reboot ... hey reboots aren't supposed
> to fix problems in linux!,

Isn't that the initramfs rather than systemd?

> and Windows has this infuriating habit of
> ignoring my command to shutdown, instead suspending to disk. As my
> Windows partitions automount in linux, this causes the mount to fail,
> and systemd won't boot the system. So I spend/waste half an hour trying
> to force Windows to shut down properly!

Can't you change this with fstab settings. I see a similar behaviour when
trying t mount NFS shares that aren't there, but it gives up trying after
90s and gets on with booting the computer.

--
Neil Bothwick

Sure, we just route the main sensor through Data's cat.