On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 10:45:30 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> I'd been encouraged to try Neth by a score of 9/10 in a certain
> magazine known to one of our contributors here.

I reviewed it for one of those magazines a couple of years ago in a 5 way
round up where it narrowly beat ClearOS for top spot. I don't recall any
of those issues, but I do have a dotted domain name.

> > You can add dotted hostnames to your mynet zone file.
>
> That's a good idea, but it doesn't matter any more: I've evicted Neth
> and reverted to good ol' Gentoo.

Server distros are like any other binary distro, they provide a quick way
to get such a system up and running. If you are used to the control Gentoo
provides, you will soon find any of them frustrating.

> Coincidentally, I'd recently also ended my subscription to the magazine.

 :-(

--
Neil Bothwick

"I need your clothes, your boots, and your tagline!"