On 25/01/18 02:28, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 01:16:07 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

One user wants Gnome, the other wants Plasma. Is this doable?

Currently, Plasma is installed, and the profile is:

    default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma/systemd

The profiles seem to be either-or. There's one for plasma, one for
gnome. But I need both now :-/

The differences between the profiles are mainly the USE flags set. As
your system is already built with the plasma profiles, I'd add gnome to
your USE flags and emerge gnome-base/gnome. Portage will shout at you if
you need to enable any other USE flags.

Don't know. There's use flags that seem to be set because it's recommended to set them, not because they're needed.

It seems to me that I have to choose either-or here in order to have a well working desktop. Otherwise, if something doesn't seem work right, I'll never know whether it's because of the profile or because of something else.

I suppose I have to switch to the gnome profile and then see if KDE is still working as before. But it seems I'll have to manually replicate whatever the plasma profile is setting by hand.