Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 25/01/18 04:34, Dale wrote:
>> This is what I would do.  I would make sure emerge -uDNp world comes
>> back clean, no remerges or updates.  Change profile to generic desktop.
>
> There's no "desktop/systemd" profile. I'm on systemd. If I switch to
> the "systemd" profile, then I lose what's in the "desktop" profile.

When you run emerge -DNp world, any systemd changes should show up and
then you can add them to either make.conf or package.use.  I wouldn't be
surprised if the biggest change is the USE flag systemd itself.

I guess you could pick whichever is going to be used most, KDE or Gnome,
and then add the other variables in as needed.  Either way, you are
going to have to adjust USE flags and such.

Dale

:-)  :-)