Am Sonntag, 8. April 2018, 14:11:57 CEST schrieb Marc Joliet:
> Yeah, I did hear about those while researching the problem (forgot to
> mention, sorry), but thanks for pointing out how cheap they are.

Ugh, I misread, yeah, of course those exist and are cheap (sadly I only have
USB->PS/2 adapters).  I thought I had read about so-called keyboard
simulators, which I interpreted to mean a USB dongle that pretends to be an
input device, but ATM I cannot find any evidence of them actually existing, so
maybe I misremembered/misunderstood (however, I did find https://www.ico.de/
telejet-keyboard-simulator-tks-usb--tksu, which lets you send specific
keypresses remotely, but it's a tad overkill for my purposes).

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup