R0b0t1 wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:08 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> J. Roeleveld wrote:
>>> Sounds like a bug.
>>> All fetch restriction packages I encounter want it in your distfiles
>>> folder. (Wherever you configured it to be)
>>>
>>> I haven't really read the text on these myself lately, so not sure if other
>>> packages have the same, but I didn't notice any path other than my
>>> distfiles dir.
>>>
>>> Most common one I have is the citrix 'icaclient'.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Joost
>>
>> Picking random post to reply to so anyone can respond to this question.
>> I recall years ago there was talk of moving distfiles and such to a
>> directory in /var on new installs at least.  At the time, I moved mine
>> to /var/cache/portage.  I seem to recall that another location ended up
>> being picked.  Does anyone recall if the move ever did occur and if so,
>> where it went?  I recall reading about it but can't recall what was
>> final on it or if it ended up being moved at all.
>>
> Do you mean /usr/portage/distfiles?
>
> Can we stop using Oracle's JVM?
>
> Cheers,
>      R0b0t1

I think that is where they were talking about moving it from.  At one
point, they were discussing putting it in /var somewhere.  Maybe they
decided not to move it at all.  I seem to recall there being a quite
active and lengthy thread about it on -dev but that was years ago.  I
don't think my archives go back that far.

Oh well.  I was just curious.  Mine is in /var/cache/portage/.  At the
time, that I think had the most support.  Either way, it works for me
and it can be put pretty much anywhere sensible.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)