On 05/12/2018 03:20 PM, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> ^title
> AMD has released them for all of the recent CPU's and I simply must have
> them.
>
> It seems the last update to amd-ucode on linux-firmware was in 2016,
> does anyone know whom I would contact about this who has the juice to do
> it? I need fam15h.
>
> AMD is being annoying and not releasing them to the plebians only OEM
> partners - I assume perhaps to encourage people to buy new hardware as
> most OEM's won't release BIOS updates for older boards.
>
> Thanks.
.

Emerge this package : "sys-kernel/linux-firmware"

You can find the blobs in : /lib/firmware/amd-ucode/

If you already have "sys-kernel/linux-firmware" emerged and the blobs
aren't showing, un-merge it, and the re-emerge it.

.

Gentoo does have the newer microcode blobs stashed on a server (
somewhere ).

That does pull in the blobs for :

Fam10h ( microcode_amd.bin )

Fam15h ( microcode_amd_fam15h.bin )

Fam16h ( microcode_amd_fam16h.bin )

Fam17h ( microcode_amd_fam17h.bin )

.

If you have an AMDGPU and use the "amdgpu" driver, firmware will be here
: /lib/firmware/amdgpu

.

Corbin