On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 8:52 PM Corbin Bird <corbinb...@charter.net> wrote:

> If the MB makers aren't updating their UEFI builds for CURRENT products,
> how do we get hold of them?

This has indeed been pretty frustrating.

As far as I can tell there is no official AMD microcode update page, or any
kind of official release notes.  I'm not sure where linux-firmware actually
gets the microcode files from (I'm sure they wouldn't load if they weren't
genuine though).  I can find no documentation as to what any of these
updates actually do.

It sounds like AMD intends for the microcode updates to be distributed via
firmware updates, in which case the fixes would be done before boot.  That
is a good thing of course, but they should still release the microcode
files themselves, and also have release notes for something like this.

--
Rich