On Sunday, 24 June 2018 19:49:02 BST Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 2:28 PM <tu...@posteo.de> wrote:
> > Since the unstable packages of today are the stable packages of
> > tommorrow one needs to bite the bullet (and hopefully this sentence
> > is not complete nonsense...I am no native speaker...not at all!)
>
> Presumably if you're running stable on a host you probably wouldn't
> want to be biting the bullet on that particular host.
>
> In any case, it seems likely that the news item shouldn't have been
> displayed to stable users, or should have had instructions pertaining
> to who it was targeted at.

Well, on my stable system I went and keyworded mpfr-4.0.1 and mpc-1.1.0-r1,
then followed the instructions. I did that because I didn't want to find,
later, that I'd been left behind by those versions becoming stable and not
remembering the news item. I saw a good chance of inexplicable failures in
that case.

> Of course, it shouldn't have been displayed for anybody considering it
> was never reviewed as required by GLEP 42.  Stuff like this is the
> reason these are supposed to be reviewed...

I'll leave those concerned to wrestle with that one...    ;)

--
Regards,
Peter.