Am 09.08.18 um 18:52 schrieb Wols Lists:

> May I suggest using btrfs for your backup drive?

I like btrbk:

https://github.com/digint/btrbk

I run btrfs as main filesystem on 3 systems (2 laptops, 1 main desktop)
and so far I am not looking back.

-> btrbk snapshots to local subvolumes ("time machine") + pulling btrbk
backups to external disks + btrbk backups to another server.

Works fine for me.

-

Another solution I use at customers:

amanda backups to so-called vtapes, virtual tapes = directories on 2 or
more usb-disks. As soon as you have the setup done, you get rotated
backups to those directories, incrementals and fulls mixed via amanda's
algorithm. OK, a bit of a learning curve, but you won't avoid that anywhere.