On 18/11/2018 00:23, Grant Taylor wrote:

> I'm not completely sure what that means.  I'm guessing you're asking
> about accept_keywords.  I'm mostly (?) running stock amd64.  I have
> added ~amd64 to some packages for various reasons over the 2+ years that
> this install has been around.

I switched fully to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" (make.conf) after running
mixed for a while. These kinds of issues come up too often and I don't
have a lot of time to solve them, plus for my dev machine I just don't
notice stable vs unstable most of the time. If something is truly
unstable from my own experience I will mask that version and downgrade.

My recommendation would be to switch over to ~amd64 for a workstation
generally. On my home server I run stable with a few unmasks, but most
of the time these are packages that have no dependencies.

--
Andrew