On 11/17/2018 10:33 PM, Andrew Udvare wrote:
I switched fully to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" (make.conf) after running mixed for a while. These kinds of issues come up too often and I don't have a lot of time to solve them, plus for my dev machine I just don't notice stable vs unstable most of the time. If something is truly unstable from my own experience I will mask that version and downgrade.

I've occasionally thought about doing that. I've just not pulled the trigger on that yet. I think I added ~amd64 to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS and looked at how many packages were going to change, got busy / needed to do something else at the time, and reverted with the decision to tackle it some other day. That day hasn't come yet.

My recommendation would be to switch over to ~amd64 for a workstation generally. On my home server I run stable with a few unmasks, but most of the time these are packages that have no dependencies.

ACK

Thank you for sharing your experience, your opinion, and your help.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die