On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 06:49:08AM +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> I am afraid most (if not all) ISPs will reject emails if the reverse DNS does
> not match. Using a dynamic range is another "spam" indicator and will also
> get your emails blocked by (nearly) all ISPs.
>
> I would suggest putting your outbound SMTP server on a cheap VM hosted
> somewhere else. Or you get an outbound SMTP-service that allows you to decide
> on domain name and email addresses.

I've had a surprisingly-small amount of trouble with that. I've made sure to
correctly configure all the elements I can control, such as D.K.I.M., S.P.F.,
T.L.S.\ encryption, etc., and most common e-mail services (Gmail, Yahoo, and
Outlook) all receive my e-mail with no problems.

Grant's mail server, I assume, is configured with the highest security in mind,
so I can see how a mail server with a dynamic I.P.\ could cause issues in some
contexts. I just wish my I.S.P.\ offered _any_ sort of static I.P.\ package, but
given that I live in remote area in the north of England, I.S.P.s aren't exactly
plentiful.

--

Ashley Dixon
suugaku.co.uk