On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:21 AM Jorge Almeida <jjalme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 6:11 PM Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I __ONLY__ meant for testing purposes. I understand discord is the
result we are working toward. Right now I don't know what the root cause of
the failure is so testing some other app and discovering it works would
tell us the virtual card does what you need in full-duplex real-time mode.
However if we cannot make any app work correctly then we have to work more
in the virtual card part.

> Yes, I understand. But I'd settle for something else that would do the
> job (for example, screen sharing seems to work OK; voice chat might be
> provided by some other application). I'll keep looking.
>
> Jorge

Do you have a Window license you can run in a VM? I suspect that might work
pretty well. I used to run Go2Meeting that way and never had any trouble.

Alternatively, you might look for a very cheap USB audio device that has
both a mic input and a headphone output. On my big audio system I use the
built-in audio stuff for all the browser/VLC audio but then take the output
through a cable back into my bigger HDSP 9652 card through an Alesis ADAT
interface with the actual DAC hooked to spdif on the HDSP. It look
complicated on paper but it isolates all the junky computer audio (like
Go2Meeting) from the important audio when I'm recording or mixing actual
music.