On 05/01 08:52, Andrea Conti wrote:

> > does my posting from this morning reached you ?
> > ...I did not received anything back from the mailinglist...
>
> Nope. Just this night's response to Wol.

(hmmm...ok, two send good news two times is not
that bad in this times, I think... ;)

Hi Andrea, hi Wolf,

this magic one liner does the trick indeed!  I have my data back and
copied it to my new system spread over four separate partitions, which
are currently still empty. No error while copuing and both disk
matched.

A very *#BIG THANK YOU#* for all the great help, the research and
the solution. I myself am back in "normal mode" :)

Wol has suggested to run mdadm on the bad harddisk to see, whether
this tool is able to fix it -- which I will next. Since I have
my data back on the PC internal disk, this is no problem at all.

One thing remains...
I want to prevent this kind of hassle in the future... ;)

Perhaps it is a good idea to re-partitions the disk to get rid of
any bogus bit, format the partition and copy back the data then.

What is the most reasonable setup here:
GPT without any hybrid magic and ext4 because it is so common?
Any other, possible more robust configuration, which is also
common with rescue tools and -distributions?

I have to say it once again: Thank you very much for solving
the hassle puzzle! :)

Cheers!
Meino