сб, 17 окт. 2020 г. в 15:08, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>:

>   Here's a strategy I occasionally use...
>
> 1) Download a Gentoo "minimal install" and set up a USB key to boot from it.
>
> 2) Boot the PC from the install USB key.
>
> 3) Execute the command...
>
>    lsmod | less
>
> 4) Manually scan the output for anything related to sound and write it down.

Thank you for your reply. I have actually used this approach in one of
my first attempts.
Below is the output of lsmod on the install usb with all modules that
I think is irrelevant to sound removed.

Module                  Size  Used by
snd_hda_codec_realtek    77824  1
snd_hda_codec_generic    61440  1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hda_codec_hdmi     49152  1
snd_hda_intel          32768  0
snd_hda_codec          90112  4
snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hda_core           57344  5
snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_pcm                81920  4
snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
snd_timer              28672  1 snd_pcm
snd                    69632  7
snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_pcm
soundcore              16384  1 snd

All these modules appear in the lsmod | less in my current Gentoo
install (gentoo-kernel-5.4.64 without changes).
Below I even made a table to be sure.
lsmod on install usb             | lsmod on 5.4.64
SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK | +
SND_HDA_CODEC_GENERIC | +
SND_HDA_CODEC_HDMI      | +
SND_HDA_INTEL                  | +
SND_HDA_CODEC                | +
SND_HDA_CORE                  | +
SND_PCM                             | +
SND_TIMER                          | +
SND                                     | +
SOUNDCORE                       | +