сб, 17 окт. 2020 г. в 14:57, David Haller <gen...@dhaller.de>:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020, gevisz wrote:
> >At different times during the last one and a half years, I tried to
> >make sound work on my new Gentoo install on a computer with Gigabyte
> >GA-MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard and MSI ATI Radeon R4770 graphic card.
>
> Ok, that board should be rather closeish to mine (GA-MA770TA-UD3.
> Might use a different soundchip though, but those should work
> automatically.
>
> [..]
> >lspci | grep "Audio"
> >00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00
> >Azalia (Intel HDA)
> >01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV710/730
> >HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 4000 series]
>
> Simliar here, but it'd be interesting, what actual device is that
> onboard sound, here it's:
>
> $ /sbin/lspci -nn | grep Audio
> 00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00
> Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383]
> [plus the HDMI of the video card]
>
> According to the MoBo manual, it's a Realtek ALC888 codec.

My documentation says that it is Realtek ALC889A.

> >My current kernel configuration is exactly the same as in the
> >gentoo-kernel-5.4.64 package as I have not changed anything there.
>
> This works here:
>
> CONFIG_SND=y
> CONFIG_SND_TIMER=y
> CONFIG_SND_PCM=y
> CONFIG_SND_HWDEP=m
> CONFIG_SND_DRIVERS=y
> CONFIG_SND_PCI=y
> CONFIG_SND_HDA=m
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=m
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_HWDEP=y
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_RECONFIG=y
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=m
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC=m
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_CORE=m
> CONFIG_SND_SPI=y
>
> Not sure if CONFIG_SND_SPI and CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC are needed, but
> the other ones seem crucial.
>
> Oh, the above is for a 4.14 kernel, but has been the same for a looong
> time now.

Here is the comparative table for your kernel parameters vs those of
gentoo-kernel 5.4.64 and my last tried configuration in
gentoo-sources-4.19.86:
CONFIG                     | 4.14 | 5.4.64 | 4.19.86
SND                          | y      | m        | y
SND_TIMER               | y      | m        | y
SND_PCM                  | y      | m        | y
SND_HWDEP             | m     | m        | y
SND_DRIVERS           | y      | y         | y
SND_PCI                    | y      | y         | y
SND_HDA                  | m     | m        | y
SND_HDA_INTEL        | m    | m        | y
SND_HDA_HWDEP     | y     | y         | n
SND_HDA_RECONFIG | y    | y         | y
SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK | m | m | y
SND_HDA_GENERIC   | m | m | y
SND_HDA_CORE        | m | m | y
SND_SPI                     | y | n | absent

The last option is absent from my config file of gentoo-source-4.19.86.
However, it seems that in gentoo-kernel-5.4-64 it also means nothing
because it leads to an empty section even if it is chosen.

So, it seems that at least the configuration for kernel 5.4.64 should
work. However, it does not.