Hello,

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020, Dale wrote:
>gevisz wrote:
>> Thank you for your help. I turned on the computer, changed options snd
>> cards_limit to 2 and ran aplay /usr/share/sound/alsa/*.wav (I have a
>> different named wav files). There was a sound.
[..]
>> reboot I have a sound and on another I have no sound. Any thoughts?
>
>Try adding alsasound to the default runlevel.  And then:
>
>/etc/init.d/alsasound start
>
>and then
>
>/etc/init.d/alsasound save

One should run that '/etc/init.d/alsasound save' once when sound
works, so that later save on stop and restore on reboot work ;)

BTW: I liked the SUSE way of symlinking init-scripts to /usr/sbin/rc*,
e.g. /usr/sbin/rcalsasound -> /etc/init.d/alsasound
I now do that (to /usr/local/sbin/rc*) for stuff that I don't want in
a runlevel, but still start/stop occasionally ;)

>P. S.  I found a new sledge hammer.  Is this being sent as plain text
>only?  No HTML at all?

Yes.

-dnh

--
All technology is suspect, and must be considered potentially dangerous.
  -- BUTLERIAN JIHAD, Handbook for Our Grandchildren