the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 11/25/2020 08:27 AM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>> On 11/25/2020 08:23 AM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>> I compiled "genkernel all" instead of looking for the correct entry to
>>> boot my M.2 drive.
>>>
>>> Not I compiled nvidia-drivers and got a message:
>>>
>>> * Messages for package x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-455.28-r1:
>>>
>>>  *   CONFIG_I2C_NVIDIA_GPU:  should not be set. But it is.
>>>  * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
>>>  * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
>>>  *   CONFIG_I2C_NVIDIA_GPU:  should not be set. But it is.
>>>
>>> Genkernel all doesn't have any .config file.
>>> How to remove them?  Where to get .config for genkernel all?
>>>
>> found it in /etc/genkernel.conf
> That was not it. I copied genkernel.conf to /usr/src/linux/.config but
> this configuration file is different.
> I was looking for CONFIG_I2C_NVIDIA_GPU in genkernel.conf I couldn't
> find it.
>
> The reason I'm using "genkernel all" as there is some setting missing in
> my old .config file that is stop booting my M.2 SSD (are there any
> special option in kernel for it?). I'm getting an error:
> kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block (0, 0)

If you have a bootable media, CD, another distro or whatever that works,
you can grab the config from it if it recognizes M.2 SSD.  That will
give you a starting point at least.  Later on, you can remove things or
make changes as needed.  The command zcat /proc/config.gz should work
and you can tell that to put it in a regular file and if mounted, even
put it in your kernel source directory.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)