On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 07:02:23 -0600, Dale wrote:

> I have another question related to LVM.  Let's say a system crashes and
> dies.  Or I just move a drive, or drives, with LVM on it to another
> system.  Does the system just recognize the drives and knows how to add
> them or do I have to do that manually on the new system?

It should just work if you move all the PVs in the volume group. One
thing to watch out for is if the destination system is already using LVM,
the volume groups must be named differently. That's why I always use
unique VG names based on the hostname.

--
Neil Bothwick

An atheist is someone who feels he has no invisible means of support.