On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 08:53:11PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
>But if I increase the ram disk to 15 Gb, even assuming it'd work

Probably wouldn't, had same issue recently, 16GB was not enough,
increased to 24GB just in case and it went through.

>is it possible to redirect this one ebuild away from
>/var/tmp/portage (my ram disk) without disturbing the other builds?  If
>so, how would I do this (or where should I look for documentation)?

What you want is to look up package.env page on wiki, it allows you to
customize enviromental variables on per-package basis, PORTAGE_TMPDIR
being one of them. That's what I used to do for bigger packages when I
had less RAM.

Sincerely,
Teru