John Covici wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:49:21 -0400,
> Dale wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I got the drive and pvmove is doing its thing.  I would like to unplug
>> one of the drives and physically move them around without shutting down
>> my system.  Is there a way to tell LVM to disable the drives while I'm
>> doing this and restart them when done?  I found the command vgchange -a
>> n<name> but I'm not sure if that is correct.  Honestly, I want to be
>> really sure before I unplug things.  I assume the "n" changes to "y" to
>> restart them?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>
>> P. S.  BTW, the drive has passed two new tests with no error.  The tests
>> are slower than usual tho.  I'm not sure why tho.
>>
> No, you can't do that till the pmove is over.

Yea.  I was planning to wait until pvmove was done.  It actually
finished not to long after I sent the message.  It was what prompted me
to see if this is possible.  I found a page that talks about it but the
info didn't explain it much.  I'm pretty sure that is the right command
but given the limited info, I wasn't sure.  Reading the man page helped
a little but still wasn't 100% sure then either.  Thing is, I only have
to unplug and move one of the two drives on that group.

Sounds like the right command tho.  If not, someone speak up.

Dale

:-)  :-)