пн, 2 мая 2022 г. в 22:54, gevisz <gev...@gmail.com>:

> пн, 2 мая 2022 г. в 15:04, Michael <confabul...@kintzios.com>:

> > > Thank you for your input. My graphic card is also Radeon,
> > > namely, built-in ATI Radeon X1250, and I use Awesome WM.
> > > The problem appears mostly in google-chrome, but I saw it
> > > also in Gvim, and currently it appeared also in the taskbar.
> > > A properly cropped screenshot is attached to this message.
> >
> > I suspect some interaction between your window manager and graphics driver
> > causes your character and symbol rendering problem.  You may want to
> > install a
> > different window manager and see if the problem remains,
>
> Thank you. I will try another WM, probably XFCE4, which
> I have used before Awesome (among other options)
> and report my finding in this thread.
>
> > then approach the Awesome devs to help you with troubleshooting.
> >  It's not unusual for less mainstream WM devs to focus their code
> > on NVidia/Intel, or whatever hardware and drivers they have at their
> > disposal and miss out on such problems like yours until they are drawn
> > to their attention.

Today, I emerged xfce4-meta, started XFCE4
and spent a short period of time within it.

For this short period of time, the "problem"
with rendering symbols in youtube video player
toolbar in google-chrome appeared in exactly
the same way as it appeared within Awesome WM.

I have also noticed the problem with rendering
letters in google-chrome. However, it appeared
a bit different: parts of letters in an html page
were closed by small black boxes, however not
everywhere but only on a side panel.

At the same time letters of a word written on a button
had exactly the same rendering problem as within
Awesome WM.

So, it seems that the problem is not specific to Awesome WM.

It seems to me that the problem is somehow related
to redrawing a frame. However, I am still not sure if
it is a problem of software or hardware.

I have not tried another google-chrome profile so far.