On 8/20/22 1:15 PM, Dale wrote:
Howdy,

Hi,

Related question. Does encryption slow the read/write speeds of a drive down a fair amount?

This new 10TB drive is maxing out at about 49.51MB/s or so. I actually copied that from the progress of rsync and a nice sized file. It's been running over 24 hours now so I'd think buffer and cache would be well done with. LOL

It did pass both a short and long self test. I used cryptsetup -s 512 to encrypt with, nice password too. My rig has a FX-8350 8 core running at 4GHz CPU and 32GBs of memory. The CPU is fairly busy. A little more than normal anyway. Keep in mind, I have two encrypted drives connected right now.

Just curious if that speed is normal or not.

Thoughts?

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S. The pulled drive I bought had like 60 hours on it. Dang near new.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die