Am Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 02:27:07PM +0000 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
> On Friday, 9 December 2022 13:38:32 GMT Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
>
> > ...I never really bothered with live TV recordings in recent years. These
> > days, if I find something interesting, I download the show form the TV
> > channel’s website (called Mediathek in Germany, a word play on Bibliothek,
> > meaning library). Interestingly though, the picture quality is noticably
> > worse than what I receive via DVB-T.
>
> I do nearly the opposite: I record every TV programme I want to watch, then
> watch it at my leisure.

This summer I bought my first TV ever since I live on my own – after about
20 years of not having one. I haven’t missed TV and still don’t (just wanted
a bigger screen for movies played from the PC and to relax on the couch in
the evening).

> That way I can skip through all the adverts, which I loathe [1].

Who doesn’t? With my little antenna, I get all the public stations with good
quality and no ads, but I don’t care for the encrypted private, ad-financed
channels for which I need to pay a yearly fee these days (on top of the
mandatory public TV “tax”).

> Freesat in the UK allows recording of radio series as well, which Sky
> cannot do, so it's easy to capture late-night series and listen to them at
> my convenience. I have something like 600 radio programmes on my satellite
> box.

Ooof, I listen to podcasts and can barely keep up, time-wise. To have a
conneciton to the original topic: I still have lots of movies and series on
the NAS which I haven’t even started to watch.

> 1.  Mind you, UK TV adverts are nowhere near as gross as the screeching
> horrors I was subjected to in Minneapolis 30 years ago.

I can only imagine.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Bees aren’t at all hard working, they just can’t fly any slower.