On 2/25/24 01:01, Michael wrote:

I used to experience the same when using Xorg with AMD-Radeon graphics instead
of Nvidia, but since I moved to Wayland the problem of losing screen settings
has gone.  One monitor is using the DVI port of the card and the other HDMI.
It should be worth trying Wayland instead of Xorg to see if it works out
better for your setup.

I actually tried Wayland maybe 3 months ago to try to solve the problem. Wayland doesn't work at all - it just gave me a blank screen at login. I did check USE flags and recompiled and still login did not work at all.

At least Xorg gave me a misconfigured working login (better than no login at all.)

-Dan