On 3/3/24 11:31, Dale wrote:
Since my last post, I did my weekly updates.  During that, I log out,
switch to boot runlevel, restart anything that checkrestart says needs
it, then back to default runlevel and log back in.  With the config file
change, my monitors came up just like they should.  I didn't have to
adjust anything.

I guess it goes to show, one thing fixes one person's system while yet
another fixes someone else's system.  Go figure.  ROFL

Dale

:-)  :-)

I strongly suspect that it was a kde setting somewhere in ~. The problem is that config is littered all over the place now instead of one place (I recall zapping the .kde[4] directory from the user home folder in the past, can't do that now...)

Although, that doesn't explain the problem I have with X11 and displays. Had those same issues on the fresh install.

Dan