On Wednesday, 27 March 2024 20:08:00 CET Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 11:59 AM J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for a way to synchronise a filesystem between 2 servers.
>
> Changes
>
> > can occur on both sides which means I need to have it synchronise in both
> > directions.
> >
> > Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
> >
> > Also, both servers are connected using a slow VPN link, which is why I
>
> can't
>
> > simply access files on the remote server.
> >
> > --
> > Joost
>
> How synchronized? For instance, does it need to handle identicals where
> a file is on both sides but has been moved?

Yes, it needs to handle changes to files/movements/deletions that occur on both
sides. Most of the time, there will only be changes on 1 side, but this is not
guaranteed.
I also need it to identify conflicts and handle this in a way that is
managable. (creating a copy with a different name would be sufficient)

--
Joost