Am Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 01:08:03AM +0100 schrieb Alarig Le Lay:
> On Wed 27 Mar 2024 20:37:27 GMT, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> > +1 for Unison. I’ve been using it for many years now to synchronise between
> > the four PC systems in my household.
> >
> > Unison creates a local index of all files it syncronised. So when you move
> > file around on one end, Unison will notice that because the file at the new
> > location has the same hash as the file at the old location. As a result, it
> > does not transmit the file anew to the remote host, but instead copies it
> > locally on the remote host.
> >
> > Since Unison uses ssh underneath, you can use ssh’s transparent compression
> > to speed up the transfer.
>
> I’ve been thinking about using it to synchronise dovecot maildir folders,
> since dsync is now deprecated. But I’m not sure about it as I never used
> it under “heavy” loads. Do you have any thoughts about it?

Among the many files I sync is my Mail folder. It currently contains around
106k files. My music collection is another 50k files. If there are no
changes and I did a recent run, then another run to look for changes takes
only very few seconds.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

A computer only crashes if your haven’t saved your text for a long time.