Just synced and tried to update world.
Portage updated itself, and then died when trying to exec itself.
I updated from 2.0.53 to 2.1_pre1. The error is:

!!! Failed to complete python imports. There are internal modules for
!!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with python
!!! itself and thus portage is not able to continue processing.

!!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what has
!!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
    No module named cache.cache_errors

Well, can't even run portage now to check things.

I filed bug 115841 on bugzilla. Is anyone here experiencing the same thing?

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Developper | ICQ: 1406477