On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Sean wrote:

I have a laptop I want to setup to boot either Gentoo or Windows.

Looking around I am trying to find recommendations as to which is better to install first, Gentoo or Windows. From what I found, either often gets a recommendation. Would anyone recommend which is the best method for setup, start with Gentoo or Windows?

always, always install windows first. when you install grub with gentoo,you make the grub.conf that chainboots windows. if you install windows second, it won't ask...and you'll end up booting into the install cd and installing grub again anyway.
I also want to setup a common partition for data storage which both can access. Again, can anyone recommend a setup?

                        Thanks
                        Sean