I have seen so many howtos about dual booting windows and Linux.
You can even create a boot floppy or install a program call GAG. I think is also possible GRUB will boot Windows as well.

You should do a search on Google "dual boot win and linux"

Let me know if you need more details, I could send you specific links.

I hope it helps

Alfredito

Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 22:05 -0800, Ryan Tandy wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:
>

> >1. use the windows to chain-boot linux (possible, but I don't know what
> >for :)
> >

> Sorry, this isn't possible - I should know, I've tried in the past.
> Wasted too much t! ime on it, too. Windows can only multi-boot with other
> Windows. And if you've managed to get it to do otherwise, please tell
> me how!

Aha, the old "I've tried it and it didn't work for me so it's not
possible" trick ;)

I do remember trying it with windows 2000, and I think I got it to boot
my redhat install, back in the days. I vaguely remember something about
editing .ini or .sys or something files on windows, but I don't have
windows 2000 or redhat any more. And you know what they say about
memories being created, so it may (or may not) be possible :)
--
Iain Buchanan

If the user points the gun at his foot and pulls the trigger, it
is our job to ensure the bullet gets where it's supposed to.