On 1/24/06, Ryan Tandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, this isn't possible - I should know, I've tried in the past.
> Wasted too much time on it, too.  Windows can only multi-boot with other
> Windows.  And if you've managed to get it to do otherwise, please tell
> me how!

I did it on my first dual boot, when I kept reading things like "do
not install grub into the mbr or you won't get back into windows!!" I
have no idea where I found instructions, but if I recall, you just dd
if=/boot of=/osshare/linux.bin, and stick a reference to linux.bin in
your boot.ini. Or something to that effect. There are also
Gentoo-specific instructions at the wiki:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Boot_from_Windows_Bootloader_(NTLDR)_and_why
.

--
ellotheth rimmwen