On Thursday 23 February 2006 02:22 pm, CR Little wrote:
> I'm having a problem with LVM.
>
> I setup a volume group it had 5.91G in Free PE/Size now states 0/0
>
>   --- Volume group ---
>
>   VG Name               vg
>

>   VG Size               55.91 GB
>
>   PE Size               4.00 MB
>
>   Total PE              14313
>
>   Alloc PE / Size       14313 / 55.91 GB
>
>   Free  PE / Size       0 / 0
>

> I have a logical volume inside that I tried to extend
>
>   --- Logical volume ---
>
>   LV Name                /dev/vg/home
>
>   VG Name                vg
>
>   LV UUID                vx9591-nXtD-0Yj6-F0ah-TjcH-5jEq-BGFIze
>
>   LV Write Access        read/write
>
>   LV Status              available
>
>   # open                 1
>
>   LV Size                10.91 GB
>
>   Current LE             2793
>
>   Segments               3
>
>   Allocation             inherit
>
>   Read ahead sectors     0
>
>   Block device           253:1
>

> It now states 10.91 GB for LV Size. This lv is mounted to /home when
> I ran lvextend -L+5.91G /dev/vg/home it extended the lv but when you
> run df-h it doesn't show an increased size.
>

> /dev/mapper/vg-home   5.0G  1.6G  3.2G  33% /home
>

> Apparently I missed a step and can't find any information on how to
> fix this. Doesn't it need to know how to format and add the LV
> extention?

Assuming you are using a reiserfs filesystem, resizing it is a 2-step
process. The first step is what you have accomplished.  The second step
is:

        resize_reiserfs -f /dev/vg/home

However, given the output of your "vgdisplay" with particular reference
to the lines below, I doubt that you can resize any logical volumes in
your volume group: