[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tuesday 02 May 2006 06:05 am, Tero Grundström wrote:
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, wu chuanwen wrote:
> Hi! Everybody!
> I think most of us are using firefox now .Do you think it's too slow?In
> my machine,if i open 6 or more tabs in firefox,my firefox will be stuck
> and even can not scroll up and down.Many peple have the same situation.Do
> you think so? And how can you solve this problem?

Well, I recently switched to the binary version and to my surprise I
found that it is much faster than the self compiled version. Especially
the interface is much more responsive in the binary version. I don't know
how it could be. Makes me really wonder where else I'm loosing speed on
Gentoo...

How did you "switch to a binary version?"

Person, why are you asking all those questions? Why don't you
simply *think*, hm?

As you HAVE TO know, there's a -bin version of mozilla-firefox.
You DO KNOW, because

http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=mozilla-firefox

shows you.

 How did you do that?

With emerge.

I didn't know you could use emerge and not compile it.

Too bad for you.

Alexander Skwar
--
BOFH Excuse #141:

disks spinning backwards - toggle the hemisphere jumper.