On 5/6/06, JimD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I looked at speedstep-centrino.c in the kernel source and added the
Sonoma.  However it still does not work and I just get:

FATAL: Error inserting speedstep_centrino
(/lib/modules/2.6.16-gentoo-r6/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep-centrino.ko):
No such device

First, sorry for the duplicate replies.

Speedstep should definitely work "out-of-the-box" here.  My 3 mo old
Core Duo processor works great with the speedstep-centrino module. And my previous 6mo old laptop on Sonoma also worked great. Maybe you
are missing some ACPI options? (ACPI processor is the big one I can
think of that you might need.)

Speaking of ACPI, you should also enable and load the 'fan' module. Some laptops will _not_ run the CPU fan unless this is built and
loaded!!!

HTH,
-Richard