Richard Fish wrote:

Speedstep should definitely work "out-of-the-box" here.  My 3 mo old
Core Duo processor works great with the speedstep-centrino module. And my previous 6mo old laptop on Sonoma also worked great. Maybe you
are missing some ACPI options? (ACPI processor is the big one I can
think of that you might need.)

Speaking of ACPI, you should also enable and load the 'fan' module. Some laptops will _not_ run the CPU fan unless this is built and
loaded!!!

Did you use genkernel? I have always built my own kernel and compile the minimum needed. I may have left something out. I will give genkernel a try and build almost everything.

Thanks,

Jim