On Sun, 7 May 2006, Rohit Sharma wrote:

marcin wrote:

Hi

I've been comparing lately performance OpenGL apps against different
kernels 2.6.x and 2.4. Overall performance is comparable but a scheduler
of kernel 2.6 is very annoying (to say at least).

I have not tried it myself, but there is an option in kernel config
which facilitates the role of "Low latency desktop" in the 2.6 kernels.
A parameter can be set to 1000 [default] and can be lowered to 250 [for
low lat desk..].  It may help. Plus if you chose deadline scheduler as
standard, it may help.

No, the best setting for desktop is 1000. From the kernel config help:

CONFIG_HZ_1000:

1000 HZ is the preferred choice for desktop systems and other
systems requiring fast interactive responses to events.

--
T.G.