On Tuesday 09 May 2006 17:28, Pawel K wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't type Polish charecters under
> mozilla as well (tried both pl_PL and pl_PL.utf8). I
> expect to use right ALT + <character> e.g. right ALT +
> o should result with "รณ" and now it results with just
> "o" both in Mozilla and OpenOffice. Left ALT + o opens
> F'o'rmat menu under OpenOffice.

How did you start OOo? Have you tried starting it from a cli (like xterm,
konsole, ..)? Does it give any errors messages if you do that?

E.g. if I set my locale to pl_PL I get the following output (which is expected
since I didn't build a polish locale and hence it is not showing up in
locale -a):

# LC_ALL=pl_PL oowriter2
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = "pl_PL",
        LANG = "pl_PL"
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale ""
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"

--
Bo Andresen