Robert Persson wrote:
I'm not panicked about this any more because I have decided to use the relatively painless webmin to configure the ~/.fetchmailrc's and schedule cron jobs. even though it isn't exactly what I wanted. That said, if anyone knows what I should have done to get the fetchmail service to use the ~/.fetchmailrc's rather than /etc/fetchmailrc I would appreciate it.

Actually, scratch all that. Fetchmail lost some mails. That's really bad. So I ditched it and have set up getmail instead. Seems to be working so far. And it's much easier to configure. Has an option to leave mail on server so many days after collecting it, which will help if it decides to lose mails as well.

No daemon mode, so need to run it as a cron job.

Robert