On Tuesday 01 August 2006 16:50, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Dan Johansson wrote:
>
> You mean you upgraded from KDE 3.5.2 to 3.5.3?
> Did you around the same time upgrade to modular Xorg (7.0)?
Yes, from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3, and it was before the Xorg 7.0 update.

> > > you could try to make kde run the command 'amixer set Master 1+'
> > > whenever you press the XF86AudioRaiseVolume key
> >
> > kcontroll will not accept the XF86AudioRaiseVolume button when
> > trying to create an input action.
>
> Interesting.  So xev sees the key, but KControl does nothing when
> you press it when trying to define a Shortcut?  And what happens
> when you also hold Ctrl or Shift?
Sorry, my error I can define a shortcut in kcontrol but it never get executed.

> What says the keyboard section in your /etx/X11/xorg.conf ?

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
    Option "XkbModel"   "logicink"
    Option "XkbLayout"  "de_CH"
EndSection

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!