On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:22:04 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:

> IIRC the last time I updated baselayout it overwrote
> some important files and my system was un-usable. In
> all the excitement I failed to note what they were.

That wasn't baselayout, it was you when running etc-update.

> Is there a list somewhere?

Yes, etc-update shows it to your before asking what to do. Check the
contents of each file before allowing it to be overwritten, and never,
ever let etc-update overwrite etc/fstab, /etc/passwd or /etc/group.

--
Neil Bothwick

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.