Hi, I desparately need help!

I have upgraded from udev-087-r1 to udev-103 (and from baselayout-1.12.5
to 1.12.6)

At rebooting (I have a speedtouch usb ADSL device) I get
speedtch_find_firmware: no stage 1 firmware found
(This is obviously a message from the speedtouch kernel
module)

Yes, speedtouch has to upload firmware to the device before
I can use it. This has worked just fine before my upgrade to
the new udev.
And I've checked that the firmware is (still) in /lib/firmware.
I've even reinstalled net-dialup/speedtouch-usb and net-dialup/ppp
but nothing helps.
I couldn't find anything in the Changelogs.
I haven't changed my kernel (still 2.6.17-r8)

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch