On 12/29/06, maxim wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi group,

mplayer has some problems that xmms doesn't.

Whenever a lot of hard-drive activity takes place on
my PC, mplayer faulters and sputters. I have to run
xmms if I want uninterrupted music. And this is a
fairly up-to-date unit with a Gig o' RAM.

If I want shuffle mode I must first open xmms, shuffle
the playlist and save it before using it in mplayer
cause shuffle mode in mplayer only plays a few tunes
over and over.

With xmms it's easy to cue up as many tunes as I like.
Haven't been able to do that in (g)mplayer.

xmms has a neat feature that lets you arrange the
playlist in the order the dir was filled allowing you
to hear your tunes in the order they were acquired.
Cause, naturally, I prefer to hear the newer tunes
more that the older ones. How do I do that with
mplayer?

mplayer *can* play wmas, so that's a plus.

Maxim