On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:33:31 -0700 Steve Dibb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:49:30 +0300, Robert Cernansky
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Stabilisation bug it not a requirement.
>
> Actually, everything I said in that last email was a little off.
> Stabilization bugs are required because ultimately it is the
> architecture team that is going to mark it stable, not the
> developer.  There are some cases where things can go directly stable
> (such as security vulnerabilities), but those are the exception and
> not the rule.
>
> So if you want something stable, do all the checks, file a bug, and
> copy all the arches that it applies to.  You can see which ones use
> it on http://packages.gentoo.org/

I perfectly agree with your previous e-mail where you sayng that "it's
a notice telling the developers that hey, someone wants it marked
stable." And I agree that stabilisation bugs are helping developers
and everybody should write it when appropriate. But it should not be
a requirement.

In documentation [1] it is not mentioned a stabilisation bug. Is there
any other documentation specific for architecture team that have
higher priorty?

The exception because of security bug, that you mentioned, allows to
ingnore 30 days + no bugs rule, it has nothing to do with
stabilisation bugs.

1.
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=3&chap=1#doc_chap4

Robert