On 7/3/07, Drew Tomlinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS485 [Radeon
Xpress 1100 IGP]

(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

I'm at a loss.  Can some kind soul please point me in the right
direction toward the steps needed to get 3D acceleration on my laptop?
Should I be using x11 or ATI drivers?  And if ATI drivers, any idea what
is might be conflicting in my kernel?

No conflict in your kernel - the "taint" message means that you have
loaded a closed-source driver into your kernel - nothing to worry
about (unless you are interested in running a completely free/libre
system).

Can you post the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log ?

-James