I'm trying to print from my remote server to my local printer.  It's
working great via CUPS, but I've been warned that this is not a good
idea and that I should be using Net::Printer instead.  Net::Printer
docs say:

Net::Printer, by itself, does not speak to printers running the CUPS
protocol. In order to provide support for legacy clients, most modern
CUPS distributions include the cups-lpd mini-server which can be set
up to run out of either inetd or xinetd depending on preference. You
will need to set up this functionality in order to use Net::Printer
with a CUPS server.

I thought CUPS was *the* way to print on Linux.  Is there another
solution that would work better with Net::Printer?

- Grant