> > I thought CUPS was *the* way to print on Linux.  Is there another
> > solution that would work better with Net::Printer?
>
> CUPS is the latest in a long string of different print systems, all
> trying to solve this infernally difficult problem called putting dots
> on the right place on a bit of paper. And all systems seem to fail at
> it.
>
> Admittedly, CUPS is better than most and to my mind best suited to
> modern printing needs. What amuses me is what kind of project would
> recommend you not use CUPS, and what is their reasoning?

What they've suggested is that using lpr on the remote system and
opening port 631 to the world is a bad idea and that it's much better
to use Net::Printer.  Would you agree?

Net::Printer doesn't work with CUPS directly so I thought maybe I
should be using something else.  I'd rather not set up inetd or xinetd
if I can avoid it.

- Grant