> python. So you
> *should* be able to unmerge the old one. If
> something does break...
> then file a bug at b.g.o.

It want's to grab both of them. How do I move 2.4.4.r6
to the protected column? Or should I? Is this a good
place to use the && operator?

localhost heathen # emerge -pC python

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

!!! 'dev-lang/python' is part of your system profile.
!!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.

 dev-lang/python
    selected: 2.3.5-r3 2.4.4-r6
   protected: none
     omitted: none

>>> 'Selected' packages are slated for removal.
>>> 'Protected' and 'omitted' packages will not be
removed.

And does this mean it won't remerge anything but MAY
emerge something? If so, does that mean v2.4? I've
already got that:

localhost heathen # python-updater -p
 * Starting Python Updater from 2.3 to 2.4 :
 * Searching for packages with files in
/usr/lib/python2.3 /usr/lib32/python2.3
/usr/lib64/python2.3 ..
 * No packages needs to be remerged.